Teradata天睿公司是领先的多云数据仓库平台公司，致力于大规模解决全球最复杂的数据挑战。我们通过将数据转化为最重要的资产，从而帮助企业创造价值。详细信息，请访问：Teradata.com.cn。 注： Teradata以及Teradata标识是Teradata天睿公司及其在美国及全球范围内子公司的注册商标。
Teradata Bolsters Managed Services, Product Offerings for Users of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More than 2,450 Teradata professionals are now AWS certified or accredited; ready to create effective Teradata cloud environments on AWS with increased scalability
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), a leading analytics solutions company, today announced the immediate availability of Teradata Consulting and Managed Services for Amazon Web Services (AWS), increasing the company’s ability to accelerate positive business outcomes with high-impact solutions in the public cloud environment. More than 2,450 Teradata associates, with decades of analytic, data warehousing and big data experience, are now certified or accredited on AWS. This complements the strong set of features already inherent in Teradata Database on AWS, as well as new features being announced today, such as scalability of up to 64 nodes and support for a new AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance type.
As one of the only teams with deep business, industry, and architectural consulting expertise focused solely on data and analytics, Teradata’s Consulting and Managed Services’ AWS offering extends the vast catalog of capabilities that Teradata has been providing to on-premises customers for 30 years. With public cloud infrastructure creating a more agile, distributed environment, companies can perform analytics and optimize costs in ways that weren’t previously possible. Teradata helps customers leverage a hybrid cloud environment that drives measurable business value using Teradata products, AWS and numerous other industry-leading data and analytics vendors, technologies, and open source tools.
“In the buildup to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games we needed to incorporate an enterprise relational database capability into our existing data ecosystem in AWS, and jumped at the opportunity to leverage the new Teradata Database on AWS solution,” said David Miller, Director, Data and Business Intelligence at Seven West Media. “Partnering with AWS-certified architects and designers from Teradata, we successfully implemented and integrated the solution in less than three weeks. This gave us a reliable and scalable ecosystem that allowed us to transform huge volumes of data into critical business insights needed throughout the event. The capability played a key role in driving the engagement of the more than 1 million new users who registered on our Olympics app, as well as a phenomenal 29% increase in average minutes streamed!”
Details about how this enormous project was accomplished in a matter of weeks will be shared by Seven West Media, Teradata and AWS in a joint webinar on November 15 from 1 to 2 pm PT.
Teradata Consulting and Managed Services give customers a range of options based on their business needs, ranging from discrete consulting projects for short-term analytic environments, to complete data warehousing solutions with ongoing solution management. Teradata capabilities include:
- Cloud Workshop to evaluate the suitability of the cloud for a company’s unique business objectives;
- Architecture Services, which provide a comprehensive logical and physical architecture for a hybrid or public cloud-based analytical ecosystem design;
- Onboarding and Migration Services to help firms manage all aspects of establishing cloud data warehousing and analytics;
- Database Conversion Services to move and translate the data structures, code and historical data from customers’ existing systems to Teradata Database and Apache Hadoop;
- Critical Systems Management, which provides proactive and change management services for customers’ AWS implementations; and
- Managed Services, consisting of comprehensive services to oversee and enhance a business’ Teradata and/or Hadoop-based analytical ecosystem in the public cloud.
With a sole focus on data and analytics, Teradata Consulting Services show customers how to develop the business justification, analytic strategy, ROI, design, and implementation of their analytic environments. Once deployed, Teradata Managed Services can supplement a customer’s IT organization with a DBA (database administrator) or Application Management – or provide full outsourcing solutions. By meeting customers at their desired level of engagement and leveraging the customers’ existing ecosystem, Teradata Consulting and Managed Services help customers get the most value from their data – both today and in the future.
In addition to the above services, Teradata also announces the following enhanced product capabilities for Teradata Database on AWS:
- Scale up to 64 nodes, doubling the maximum capacity for a Teradata system in AWS
- Support for new AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance type “m4.16xlarge,” nearly doubling the performance of the current largest instance type with attached storage
“Cloud alternatives are critical for customers looking to change their data and analytics consumption model. Adding significant AWS expertise to Teradata Consulting and Managed Services, and strengthening our AWS product offering, is a strong testament to our commitment to ensure superior business outcomes wherever our customers choose to deploy Teradata – on-premises, in the cloud, or increasingly both,” said Dan Harrington, EVP, Consulting and Support Services, Teradata Corporation. “Many of our large, sophisticated customers rely on Teradata Consulting to help them get the most value from their Teradata investment and, in fact, few organizations understand data management as well as our teams do.”
Teradata Consulting and Managed Services for Amazon Web Services (AWS) are available now. Enhancements to the Teradata Database on AWS will be available during Q4 2016.
To learn more, please:
- Register to attend a joint webinar with Teradata, AWS, and customer Seven West Media on November 15 from 1 to 2 pm PT
- Visit www.teradata.com/Cloud/AWS
- View Teradata’s software offerings on AWS Marketplace
- Talk with company representatives at the Teradata booth (#336) at AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas from Nov. 28 – Dec 2
Relevant News Links
- Blog post on Teradata Everywhere by Oliver Ratzesberger
- Blog post on Teradata in the Cloud by Brian Wood
- Teradata Borderless Analytics press release